Thursday, September 10, 2020

DCLM Daily Manna 11th September 2020 [Friday] – Divine Purging

 


Topic: “Divine Purging” By Pastor W. F. Kumuyi

DCLM Daily Manna Key Verse: Ezekiel 20:38  (NIV)

“I will purge you of those who revolt and rebel against me. Although I will bring them out of the land where they are living, yet they will not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.”

DCLM Daily Manna Text: Ezekiel 20:27-38 (NIV)

27 “Therefore, son of man, speak to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: In this also your ancestors blasphemed me by being unfaithful to me: 

28 When I brought them into the land I had sworn to give them and they saw any high hill or any leafy tree, there they offered their sacrifices, made offerings that aroused my anger, presented their fragrant incense and poured out their drink offerings. 

29 Then I said to them: What is this high place you go to?’ ” (It is called Bamah to this day.)

30 “Therefore say to the Israelites: ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Will you defile yourselves the way your ancestors did and lust after their vile images? 

31 When you offer your gifts—the sacrifice of your children in the fire—you continue to defile yourselves with all your idols to this day. Am I to let you inquire of me, you Israelites? As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I will not let you inquire of me. 

32 “ ‘You say, “We want to be like the nations, like the peoples of the world, who serve wood and stone.” But what you have in mind will never happen. 

33 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I will reign over you with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath. 

34 I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered—with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath. 

35 I will bring you into the wilderness of the nations and there, face to face, I will execute judgment upon you. 

36 As I judged your ancestors in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will judge you, declares the Sovereign LORD. 

37 I will take note of you as you pass under my rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant. 

38 I will purge you of those who revolt and rebel against me. Although I will bring them out of the land where they are living, yet they will not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD.


DCLM DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY 11TH SEPTEMBER 2020 – DIVINE PURGING

Yeast is a common commodity that you will always find in a bakery. This is because although bread is made from flour, yeast is the ingredient that will make it puffy and become ready for baking. Like yeast and flour, a few negative individuals can play a dominant role in influencing the majority to obey or disobey divine injunctions.

Yes, it only takes a few rebels and idolaters to corrupt the entire land.

In the earlier verses of the chapter under consideration, God had wanted to destroy the entire Israelites for their rebellion in the wilderness, but He had mercy.

In today’s passage, as soon as the remnant settled in the land of Canaan, they got corrupted with the idols of the land and began to commit whoredoms and made their sons pass through fire. They got entangled in the idolatrous practices of the heathen and served wood and stone.

God would not tolerate such practices. He decided to gather them together and plead with them as He had with their fathers in the wilderness. God promised to purge out from among the Israelites the rebels and transgressors and would not allow them to enter into the Promised Land, so that they would not contaminate the righteous ones. Rebellion and idolatry spread like wildfire if not quickly expunged from a congregation.

Because of the ease with which others can influence us imperceptibly, we must consistently subject our hearts to the scrutiny of the Holy Spirit and allow Christ’s work of grace to purge us from any trace of sin.

Whenever sin is also found in the congregation, it must be dealt with immediately, before the whole body becomes polluted. To do otherwise is to risk pollution and the impending purge from God.


DCLM THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God will not condone rebellion and idolatry.

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 119

DCLM Daily Manna was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment